Do you believe your child may need braces in the future? Getting braces is one of the most common reasons children (and adults) visit an orthodontist. Orthodontics is a dentistry specialty that treats improper teeth and jaw functions. To help solve any irregularities and restore perfect function to the mouth, you want to schedule an appointment with your Canton orthodontist.
Common Reasons to Visit Your Canton Orthodontist
There are many different reasons your child may need to see your Canton orthodontist. While children and teenagers are the most common orthodontic patients, many adults seek treatment for issues they never fixed in childhood or problems that have appeared later in life.
Orthodontic treatment for adults may take longer than treatment for children and teenagers but success rates are high and no matter your age, it’s never too late to visit your Canton orthodontist.
Other common reasons to visit your Canton orthodontist include:
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Blocked, crowded or misplaced teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Speech difficulty
- Jaws that make sounds, protrude or are recessed
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or don’t meet at all
- Clenching or grinding the teeth
Achieving a beautiful healthy smile with braces is one of the main reasons you or your child will want to visit your Canton orthodontist. Not only do braces provide a more aesthetically pleasing appearance, but they also improve misaligned teeth that can cause discomfort and issues with biting and chewing.
Types of braces you can get at your Canton orthodontist include:
- Traditional metal braces: Metal braces are the most common form of braces. These braces are made of high-grade stainless steel and are used to straighten your teeth with archwires and metal brackets. Colorful elastics can be added to show off your personality and unique style.
- Self-ligating braces: Self-ligating braces are similar to traditional metal braces but do not require the use of elastics and contain a specialized clip that helps the archwire guide the teeth into place. Because there are no elastics to replace, fewer adjustments are needed.
- Ceramic braces: Ceramic braces are made of clear materials and less visible than metal braces. The less prominent appearance makes them ideal for adults and teenagers who are concerned with the way braces look.
- Clear aligners: Aligners are a series of removable acrylic trays that straighten your teeth like braces but appear invisible. Since they’re removable, they can be taken out when eating, drinking, and cleaning your teeth.
- Lingual braces: Completely customizable, lingual braces are hidden behind your teeth and made to match their shape. These are a great choice for athletes, models and adult professionals.
If you’re looking to meet with a Canton orthodontist about braces or any improper teeth and jaw functions causing you problems, come see us at Nia Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics. We provide you not only with a beautiful smile, but a healthy and pain-free mouth that will keep you happy for years to come.
Contact us today to set up an appointment so we can help you with your orthodontic needs and give you a bright future with the teeth you’ve always dreamed of.